LOYAL BEARS

Friday, April 11, 2008

Emily Inspired Dali?

http://www.nationalgalleries.org/media_collection/6/GML%20345.jpg This image by Salvador Dali may have been partly responsible for my inspiration for the Cairn Totem image. Of course, the Bear is less complicated and I don't pretend to have Dali's skills as a draughtsman. I really hope that with the help of Emily and other students on the UNC campus that we'll be able to erect this cairn temporarily.

I'm open for suggestions as to a location for the cairn and regarding the disposition of the Ghost Memory Totem, though I have a loose plan for it.

What I'd really love is for students to buy or find clean eight foot 2 x 6 boards and have them cut into EXACTLY 9 1/2 inch blocks. An eight foot board will yield ten blocks. Home Depot sells the construction grade lumber for about $3.50 for an eight footer. HD will do the cutting, but you often have to watch them carefully to get precise cuts. I'll reimburse anyone who gets blocks made. Please save the receipt.

If we find an on campus location for the Cairn Totem, construction will happen, I hope, the last week of April.

All ideas are solicited and welcome! Thanks.

No comments: