LOYAL BEARS

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Politically Correct?

Just re-read my last post. Yep.. I'm a nostalgic.

The last few weeks I'd hoped to chat with officials at UNC about my proposed art installation, but that has not happened. The blog has been pretty quiet and even though my idea remains steadfast, I'm hoping I can find the politically correct way to make a proposal to the powers that be on campus that will be acceptable.

I've not seen a lot of art on the Greeley campus. One impressive installation is a circle of huge 'hinges' that stand to the north of Gunter Hall that reflect the style of Claes Oldenburg. Of course, I love it and wonder what its history might be.

If I stabilize my cairn and install it, hopefully, on the old campus, I'd hope that discussion about what it is and why it's there would ensue.

School will be in session for Fall soon. It'll be interesting to hear proposals that the UNC Foundation may have received for an actual tribute to the Bear Totem.

Ideas?

No comments: